Article 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) States that Personal Data must be processed lawfully fairly and in a transparent manner. In line with the GDPR changes we are updating our Privacy Notice so you can better understand why and how we collect, process and destroy your data. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, (together with the Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it), sets out the legal basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
What Types Of Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect information about you when you opt-in to receive our newsletters as well as when you contact us via our contact form. We may control, process and use your Personal Data, which may include:
- – Names
- – Postal addresses
- – Email addresses
- – Telephone numbers
- – Or any other Personal Data that you provide to us.
Identity Of The Company
Jasper Lodge, Grafton Road, Worcester Park, Surrey, KT47JN
Lawful Basis For Processing
Where we act as Data Controller, we rely on the following legal basis for Processing your Personal Data:
Consent: if you are a recipient of our online direct marketing. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
Legitimate Interest: if you are our client or prospect client, business affiliate, employee or potential employee, or our website visitor, we may decide to send you materials of interest such as information about our services/products which we believe would be beneficial to you Performance of Contract: if you are our client, supplier, employee, akin to employee or business affiliate or our website visitor; Where we act as a Data Processor, we process Personal Data on behalf of Data Controller and we act on their written instructions.
Data Protection Officer
The Firm has no regulatory obligations under the GDPR to appoint a DPO; the Firm has no data protection officer (DPO) currently appointed. The GDPR sets out guidelines on when the appointment of a DPO shall be required as follows:
- – where the scope or purpose of collecting data requires a regular systematic monitoring of the Data Subjects;
- – where the Firm processes special categories of data on a large scale;
- – where Processing is carried out by a public authority.
The Firm has instead agreed to name a responsible officer (the “Responsible Officer”) who may be reached on email@example.com
Purpose Of Data Collected
The personal information we collect is for the following legitimate interest:
- – Promotion of ideas and events relating to services we provide;
- – Keeping your records accurate and up to date,
- – Maintenance of records of communications and management of your relationship with us;
- – Responding to your enquiries;
Who We Share Our Information With
We will not share personal information about you with third parties without your consent. We are required, by law, to sometimes pass on some of this Personal Data to: law enforcement agencies and other relevant regulatory authorities; government bodies; tax authorities; courts tribunals and complaints/dispute resolution bodies; other bodies as required by law or regulation.
We will keep your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary. We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements as set out in our Data retention policy.
Your Rights And Your Personal Data
You have a right:
- – to request a copy of your Personal Data which the Firm or related data Controller holds about you;
- – to request the Firm or any related Data Controller to correct any Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- – to request your Personal Data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Firm or related Data Controller to retain such data;
- – to withdraw your consent to the Processing at any time if consent constitutes the lawful basis for processing;
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your Personal Data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including, without limitation, encryptions.
When sending marketing materials to customers, we may have the option to rely on your consent or legitimate interest. We only use legitimate interests for marketing if we have assessed that the information being sent is beneficial to the customer, and have weighed our interests against your own and there is little to no risk posed, the method and content is non-intrusive, and the material being sent is something you would usually expect to receive.
We will occasionally store login or other information on your computer using the device known as a cookie – a small text document, usually containing an anonymised identifier. Among the information that can be gathered by cookies is the amount of pages that are views, the length of time spent on our website, the time of your visit, and the websites visited immediately following and prior to our own.
We are not able to gather any personal information about you using cookies, and we do not usually store any personal information given to us by your cookies. You can choose whether to allow, switch off or delete cookies on our and other websites by changing the setting in your web browser. However, this may reduce the functionality of some websites, or even prevent you from accessing them.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information that you provide to us, and that we collect from you, for the following purposes:
- – Providing information and/or services that have been requested by you.
- – Contacting you to inform you of products, services, news and offers if you have consented to receiving these messages.
- – Monitoring activity on our website.
- – Keeping our site protected and secure.
- – Site administration and internal operations eg. analysing data, troubleshooting.
- – Presenting our site and content in the most suitable manner for your computer.
- – Keeping you notified of changes to our service.
- – Assisting with any police investigation and/or inquiry that we are required to.
- – Remaining compliant with statutory and regulatory obligations.